In these uncertain times, St James Playcare LTD would like to thank all the families for their unwavering support, for which we are extremely grateful.
As we continue forward, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify the measures we are taking to maintain a safe and fun environment for your children.
The measures we are taking to minimize the spread of COVID-19
- Daily Temperature Checks
- Making sure children and staff are washing their hands properly and often, with hand sanitization available in every area of the Playcare grounds.
- Encouraging children to cover their mouths and noses when sneezing/coughing and disposing of said tissue in line with the Government “Catch it, Kill it, Bin it” ethos.
- The twice daily cleaning of the Playcare grounds including toys, furniture and toilets.
- Making use of the space of Playcare in an attempt to minimalize potential risk due to social distancing measures.
- Following school based staggered pickup and collection regulations.
- Children are to be brought to parents, either from the gate if outside or the front door if playing indoors, to minimize contact with other children.
What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID-19?
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are the recent onset of
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough,
- A recent change or lack of taste/smell
For most people Coronavirus will be a mild illness.
If your child develops symptoms of COVID-19, then they must not come to school and should remain at home for at least 10 days from the date symptoms were noticed.
Anyone with symptoms is eligible for testing, and this can be arranged by calling 119 or visiting https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Further information, advice and updates can be found at https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Please feel free to ask our staff any queries you may have about our procedures of COVID-19, we are fully aware this is a concerning time however we are closely monitoring the situation and following the guidelines set out by Public Health England and Wakefield Council.
Thank you for your patience and support,
St James Playcare LTD